AnonymousLawStudent

The half-truths, omissions, and outright lies about floating through law school.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I am at the gym after the exam. Had to run out before some fat girl crying into her Juicy velour tracksuit brought me down after the adrenaline rush of non-stop 4 hours of typing. I am drinking some water, waiting for a stationary bike and some girl keeps turning around to look at me. She looks vaguely familiar but who the hell knows, I see the same people here every week and they are all just passing strangers. She is on the short side and not particularly attractive, especially not in her way too tight gym outfit. Finally she walks over to where I am standing.

"Hi...I'm AnonymousGymGirl...have we met?"

I don't think so. I mean probably but. Wait...oh, no I couldn't have.

"Um...I am not sure."

In that split second I try to reimagine her in a loose slinky top showing sufficient cleavage and $300 jeans and it all comes back. Oh, what was I thinking?

"Yeah...we met at [insert name of pretty shitty bar I never go to anymore]."

Of course we met. In fact we did more than meet. You blew me. Twice. We [or I] got really wasted and ended up going home to your apartment near Murray Hill. As I recall you were into some weird shit and were kind of loud in an odd and I may or may not have stolen a bottle of expensive tequila on my way out.

"Oh...yeah."

At this point I don't know what to say. All I know was about 8 hours after our unfortunate get-together I woke up completely drunk to find that I had re-arranged my furniture at some point in the night. I deliberately ran off without any way of being contacted and now this has come back to haunt me. In Manhattan of all fucking places. Shouldn't you be able to at least not have to see these ghosts of hookups gone wrong in a place with 9 million people?

I made up some lame excuse about just remembering that I really need to run to a study group and meander off.

8 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If someone lives in Murray hill, they are per se a skank.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's never a line for the bikes in dodge

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger ALS said...

"If someone lives in Murray hill, they are per se a skank. "

That sounds about right.

"there's never a line for the bikes in dodge"

Bulletproof logic right there.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger The Law Activist said...

I commend you on your creative writing ability. I am not saying that this is fiction, but if it were it is written in a clear and believable voice. Perhaps this is a second career for you that you may not have considered?

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger jordan said...

Found a lot of useful info on your site about stationary bike - thank you. Haven't finished reading it yet but have bookmarked it so I don't lose it. I've just started a stationary bike blog myself if you'd like to stop by

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Belinda Gwen said...

ALS, I got to say your post on this post best describes stationary stores journals!!

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for such a wonderful site i see that you created it going the whole hog!!
- anonymous-lawstudent.blogspot.com i
spaghetti alla carbonara

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just starting out and want to learn. Thanks for the help.
- www.blogger.com t
spaghetti alla carbonara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for this Site!