AnonymousLawStudent

The half-truths, omissions, and outright lies about floating through law school.

Saturday 02/19/05

Saturday, February 19, 2005

I wake up and I am in a bad mood. My wallet is empty and I have at least three stamps of various sized and colors on my right hand. I have no idea why or where they came from. I look for some food but there is nothing in the fridge. I have a semi-angry email from an editor of my journal strongly suggesting I turn in something that is three days overdue. I have no idea what he is talking about since I don't remember seeing this assignment. My head kills. I buy a 64 ounce bottle of Gatorade and play some video games trying to hydrate myself. A friend calls and he wants to know if I want to go to a warehouse in Williamsburg to some art gallery installation his girlfriend is working on, promising "major babes." I can't since I have to find a treatise on European trade regulation 1950-62 in the business-school library. I am so fucking incensed I want to go on a shooting spree. Instead I put on some pants and march down to where the b-schoolers sit around and socialize. Their library is louder than most bars since they "work" in groups. I am miserable and they look like a bunch of horrible assholes and of course I am not even good enough to be one of those assholes, I am going to be their LAWYER. The librarian gives me a hard time [apparently this treatise is oh so valuable] while I am secretely wishing that at least some of these people will go to jail for white collar crimes. I go home and realize that I am completely spent, I can't fall alseep again and I am too hung over to read.

Also the sub I ordered hasn't come.

Woe is me.

8 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger Peatey said...

Yet another confirmation by AnonymousNYULSStudent: Columbia B-school library is not very loud.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Law Slave said...

I have come to the conclusion that you are the NYU anonymous law school student as well. Process of elimination. Of the 10 law schools in the NY area - you said that you are in the top 5. Out of the top 5 - only 3 have business schools. I am assuming that you do not go to Fordham because that is in the Bronx - and it appears you live in Manhattan - so that means that you either go to Columbia or NYU, unless you are a Fordham student doing the commute. Therefore, my guess is NYU. Not so anonymous anymore are you???

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Therefore, my guess is NYU. Not so anonymous anymore are you???"

You have him narrowed down to like 200 people, if that. So I would say pretty anonymous.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Law Slave said...

"You have him narrowed down to like 200 people, if that. So I would say pretty anonymous."

If what I said was serious - then it would be more along the lines of 350-400 students. Because I was being SARCASTIC, I meant that he isn't as anonymous (meaning -we may have narrowed him down a little) as he prveiously was. For that matter, perhaps he doesn't go to NYU at all - again -just an assumption. Furthermore, proper blog etiquette suggests that ALS should be responding to my postings and not you. And - just to be certain we understand - now, i am being serious.

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am assuming that you do not go to Fordham because that is in the Bronx"

Huh? Then what do you call that school behind Lincoln Center?

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Huh? Then what do you call that school behind Lincoln Center?"It's too easy to make fun of Fordham.

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Law Slave said...

"Huh? Then what do you call that school behind Lincoln Center?"

I was mistaken - I thought the law school was with the undergrad. Thanks for correcting me - I would have gone through life thinking Fordham was in the Bronx - oh what would I do?

I guess that means that ALS could go to Fordham!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger ALS said...

"I guess that means that ALS could go to Fordham!"

Be that as it may, Fordham does not deserve an exclamation point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for this Site!