AnonymousLawStudent

The half-truths, omissions, and outright lies about floating through law school.

My head hurts

Friday, February 04, 2005

As you can probably guess I got sloshed last night, it being Thursday and all. For some moronic reason, however, I have a Friday morning class, which I have not been to in a while. Why did I sign up? Perhaps a moment of sober eagerness where I really wanted to learn about derivatives. Perhaps I am just not good at planning ahead.

A friend of a friend showed up to a bar where a lot of us were hanging out. About this time last year, in a different bar very close to here, her and I made out on a couch for a while. Apparently with enough gusto that it made it around the school. Either way, she was there with her boyfriend which made it a little weird since, well let's just say we had a torrid little fling.

He had a lovely little goatee and works for a hedge fund, like everyone else in this city. I drunkenly asked for some stock tips but he did not seem to be very much amused, perhaps he was pickin' up on the sexual tension. I end the night stumbling around looking for a slice of pizza at 3 A.M. on Third Avenue and end up having a lenghty conversation with a homeless guy about how the current uncertainty in federal sentencing guidelines might affect his life.

7 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your head hurts? Is this what you said to the homeless guy?
"Do you know how bad you smell? My god... You reek. You reek of... shit. Do you know that? Goddamnit, Al - look at me and stop crying like some kind of faggot. Al... I'm sorry. It's just that... I don't know. I don't have anything in common with you. Do you know what a fucking loser you are?"
Is that what you said to him before you stabbed him?

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger ALS said...

"Is that what you said to him before you stabbed him?"

No I did not stab him. I gave him five bucks which he undoubtedly smoked away by now.

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw, quote is from American Psycho the movie. Protagonist experienced a 'headache' and had a scene with a homeless man where he almost gave five dollars to the man before stabbing him. But that was in the 80s, and the protagonist was an i-banker...

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger ALS said...

"btw, quote is from American Psycho the movie. Protagonist experienced a 'headache' and had a scene with a homeless man where he almost gave five dollars to the man before stabbing him. But that was in the 80s, and the protagonist was an i-banker..."

Yeah I know. I was just pointing out that between middle class young people and indigent crackheads the violence usually flows the OTHER way.

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

law student ain't no middle class, son.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger ALS said...

"law student ain't no middle class, son."

Well I was generalizing.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Peatey said...

True, a public interest lawyer could be middle class.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for this Site!