AnonymousLawStudent

The half-truths, omissions, and outright lies about floating through law school.

Friday 02/11/05

Friday, February 11, 2005

So I guess Valentine's day is coming soon. I didn't really notice until now but having attendined a vaguely Valentine's Day themed party last night, it reminded me that the 14th is just a stone's throw away. I am trying to figure out if anyone of the female species looks particularly um in need of companionship when some rather pungent foreigner corners me into a conversation. Apparently I have a seminar with him. Great, I say. I furtively look around, this cannot be happening. Apparently I had a class with him last semester. Oh, goody, we are practically blood brothers. After a long awkward silence that I am praying makes him disappear, he announces that he did very well in the class we had together. "An aye m-eye-nooos." I am so glad that he decided to confide that in me that I inform him that I need a new drink and try to walk away. He looks in my full 20 oz. glass of Bud Light with some puzzlement.

Instead I am now conversing with a mid to late 20s [we are being generous here] b-school student. Apparently there is a gathering of these assholes here as well. She is wasted and not entirely unattractive. Of course that could be just the booze talking. As the night progresses, I find out that she went to Stanfurd undergrad, worked for a venture capital firm, had a very serious long term boyfriend, and currently has a lazy eye. Well she doesnt TELL me the last part, I kind of notice it as the night rolls along. I am completely hammered by this point and the only relevant inquiry I have is whether said condition was caused by the ex-boyfriend accidentally [or not] depositing his DNA onto it. Frankly, I am more then turned off by the ex-boyfriend talk. Instead of asking though, she gives me her number and I float home to order a chicken shwarma and watch Japanese cartoons that make no sense.

I hate Thursdays. None of my friends who work will go out.

2 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Blogger Peatey said...

This is the second time. Are you sure you're not gay?

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger ALS said...

"This is the second time. Are you sure you're not gay?"

Yeah, you got me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for this Site!