AnonymousLawStudent

The half-truths, omissions, and outright lies about floating through law school.

Tuesday 01/25/05

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I just got back from having lunch with a prof. At one point he picked his nose with his right pinky. Just a little at first to explore, then some circular action in there to dig some bad boy out. While we are eating. But he is tenured and somewhat well known and can be of assistance so I just looked away and plesantly smiled when he was done. I am doing some research work for him on his latest Law Review opus on how parking regulations are part of a systematic campaign against women and minorities or something like that. You see he is a "crit," or a Critical Legal Studies scholar. Where you and I might see a set of rules, he sees oppression and phallus-centeric cultural violence. That last phrase is repeated no less than five times in the rough version of the piece I am helping him research. And by research I mean footnote endlessly with quotations of other similarly-thinking "scholars." In case it is not yet abundantly clear, I find it unfathomable that he gets a pay check and a corner office for what he does. But I am willing to lend a hand since I am getting school credit as well as a gentleman's handshake agreement for some hot clerking recs when the time comes. I just hope he doesn't come around to the realization that such an arrangement has the net effect of perpetuating the white male power elite school paradigm. That might look good on my clerkship applications.

5 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha!

 
At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you sound like a smart guy, but can you kick my ass?

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger ALS said...

"you sound like a smart guy, but can you kick my ass?"

"Now whoever has courage and a strong and collected spirit in his breast, let him come forward, lace on the gloves, and put up his hands."--Virgil.

 
At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

" you big dummy" Fred G. Sanford "the G is for Gwelcome"

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger ALS said...

"" you big dummy" Fred G. Sanford "the G is for Gwelcome""

I liked mine better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for this Site!