AnonymousLawStudent

The half-truths, omissions, and outright lies about floating through law school.

My Money Where Did You Go

Friday, January 28, 2005

Writing down the sum of my summer earnings a few days ago reminded me of something: it's all almost completely gone. How did I manage to stumble through twenty grand in five months you ask?

$9000: Rent
$3000: Stock purchase of questionable future value. Current value: not quite $3000, quite far from it.
$2000: A couple of new suits.
$200: Bottle of Chat Cheval Blanc 1995, 96 points Wine Specator.
$350: Some ties and a belt.
$750: A print from a minor contemporary American artist who is friends with AnonymousFather. Consider this an investment.
$175: Getting the undergrad diploma framed, which I had previously forgotten.
$500-1000[?]: Visits to various establishments of entertainment of the not fully clothed variety.
$500: Shoe upgrade.
$750: Weekend in Florida. Don't remember much of it but it was warm.
$300: DVDs.
$400: New speakers for video setup. A gigantic disappointment, they sound like complete shit.
$100: Rolling Stones '66 Tour vintage concert poster.
$75: Framing the above item.
$300: Video games.
$225: Bottle of Gunderloch Nackenheim Rothenberg Trockenbeerenauslese 2002, 98 points Winse Speactator. Just splendid!
$300: Greasing the palms of various club bouncers.
$500: *REDACTED*
$50: Socks. Hey, you gotta have socks.
$700: AnonymousCleaningWoman.
$200: Tanning of the less than natural variety.
$250: Parking tickets.

Ok there's gotta be more. Cause there is none left now.


5 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear ALS,

You must be stinkin rich and I'm green with envy. I'm barly getting by and struggling in vain to find a part-time legal job. You're paying $1,800 a month for rent, ghad zooks! With my rent and all expenses, I'm living on less than half of that. Must be nice.

Regards, from the west coast,

A Poor 2L

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger ALS said...

"You must be stinkin rich and I'm green with envy." Definitely not stinkin' rich. Part of a family that is comfortably middle class.

"You're paying $1,800 a month for rent, ghad zooks! With my rent and all expenses, I'm living on less than half of that. Must be nice." New York real estate is a tough mistress. I can assure you that your living space is roughly twice as big as mine and does not have a bodega where drug deals go down at the ground floor.

-ALS

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger LawDawg said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger LawDawg said...

I mis-read the third item as "A couple of new sluts" which would have made you infinitely more endearing, I must say.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger ALS said...

"I mis-read the third item as "A couple of new sluts" which would have made you infinitely more endearing, I must say."

I wish. Although you could expense any number of my alcohol purchases under that heading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for this Site!