AnonymousLawStudent

The half-truths, omissions, and outright lies about floating through law school.

Friday 01/21/05

Friday, January 21, 2005

So I went out last night. Ended up in a loft somewhere near the East River that I had been to before, still no idea how. Today I must sober up and get a few things done, like try to return some Chrismas presents I have been too lazy to try return until now. Two days ago I got into a pretty nasty tiff at a store trying to return some horrific tie for booze money. First I get an old guy who looked like some kind of accountant laid off late in life without a pension plan. I felt bad being mean to him but then his superior, who looked like a career retail loser shows up and I had no problems chewing him out. I ended up getting my refund and proceeded to buy a lovely bottle of 12 year old scotch.

Last night was kind of a waste. Met up with some old college friends who are bankers or something like that. The verdict: I don't think I do enough drugs to be a banker. Then very oddly I ran into the EIC of my journal. She was incredibly wasted and with some people I didn't know. Pretty sure she has a live-in boyfriend but she was definitely coming on to me, slurring on and on about how she appreciated my hard work [what hard work? I haven't shown up to do anything in months]. She is definitely a looker so I briefly contemplated *it* but the prospect of future weirdness and being assigned more cite-checking if things ended up awkward was too unsettling.

This morning I get an email that I have a huge cite-checking assignment that will require a trip off-campus. The moral of the story: sometimes you just can't make things more complicated than they are.

4 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still unfunny.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger ALS said...

"Still unfunny."

Noted.

 
At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you use www.westcheck.com to cite check your document?

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger ALS said...

"Why don't you use www.westcheck.com to cite check your document?"

This appears to be a tool to see if your cases have been overturned, not whether the citations are 1) in correct blue book format 2) substantively correct.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for this Site!