AnonymousLawStudent

The half-truths, omissions, and outright lies about floating through law school.

Ah, the old Undergrad: Part 1

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

A while ago I had conducted an evaluative interview for admission to the Anonymous alma mater. My first interviewee was a very impressive young woman. Definitely more so than when I was when I was applying. All kinds of very well-researched and astute questions about what the experience was like, residential life, career services, the alumni connections, blah blah blah. I really tried to make it as clear as possible that her experience would be exactly the same whether she ended up where I did, any other similarly situated school, or even if she turned out to be less impressive than I thought, at a place like Tufts. Shudder.

What I really wanted to say was: you look like the kind of girl who will probably do too much coke, develop an eating disorder, date a few guys from Westport with flowing golden locks of hair sticking out from underneath their A&F hats, by date I mean screw, go on great Spring Break trips followed by worried visits to the doctor, not take anything too seriously, go to bed late and wake up non too early, drink till you puke, hit the gym at least four times a week, then graduate with a degree in Art History/English/Psychology to find yourself living in Murray Hill and working in publishing/media/advertising living on a shit salary but not really because the parents will take care of their little girl.

It was more of a warning when it started but shit, it was sounding pretty good considering that I had finals coming up. She was talking about her community involvement or art award or hatred of the Taliban or something but all I could think about was filling an SUV with AnonymousCollegeFriends, slapping on that A&F hat and drivin' to school.

I should have drunk more champagne.

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Westport, eh? I used to live there. I'm assuming you're from around the area.

And don't say "fuck" so much. It loses its intended effect and just sounds superfluous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for this Site!